- $999.00 for a sale transaction, plus HST* (includes the payout and discharge of up to one mortgage. Additional mortgage payouts will incur additional fees.)
Residential Purchase with a first tier Mortgage Lender
- $1,349.00 for a purchase transaction, plus the cost of Title Insurance, (variable depending on the purchase price – we can obtain a quote for you upon request), and registration of your Deed and Mortgage, plus HST*.
- (First tier lenders include CIBC, RBC, TD, BMO, BNS, Meridian Credit Union, and Pathwise Credit Union).
Residential Purchase with a second tier Mortgage Lender
- $1,599.00 for a purchase transaction, plus the cost of Title Insurance, (variable depending on the purchase price – we can obtain a quote for you upon request), and registration of your Deed and Mortgage, plus HST*.
- (Second tier lenders include, but are not limited to, Computershare Trust Company, First National, Home Trust, Canadian Western Trust, and those lenders not listed in the first tier lenders above).
The only other additional charges for a purchase transaction will be the Land Transfer Tax (based on purchase price, see calculator below on this page) and the registration of the deed and the mortgage ($157.58). If you are buying in Toronto, the City of Toronto has implemented an administration fee of $84.75 which is also additional. If you are a first time homebuyer**, you will be entitled to a rebate on a portion of the Land Transfer Tax payable.
$850.00 plus disbursements and HST for refinances with Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Toronto Dominion Bank, Royal Bank, Bank of Montreal, Meridian Credit Union, and Autoworkers Community Credit Union. This includes the payout of up to one existing mortgage. Additional payouts required by the refinance lender are subject to additional cost.
$1,249.00 plus disbursements and HST for all other lenders excluding private lenders. This includes the payout of up to one existing mortgage. Additional payouts required by the refinance lender are subject to additional cost. Please call for a quote if you are dealing with a private lender.
CALCULATE YOUR LAND TRANSFER TAX NOW (APP)
We understand that buying a home is often the largest purchase that many of us will ever make. We give the transaction the respect and time that it deserves. No assembly lines here, you deal with a lawyer and that lawyer’s assistant directly. We are confident that we can offer you the best service and value!.
If you are buying outside of Durham Region, additional disbursements may apply. If you are buying outside Toronto, Ontario Land Transfer taxes will apply. If you are buying inside Toronto, Toronto’s Municipal Land Transfer Tax AND Ontario Land Transfer taxes will apply. If you are arranging a mortgage, your mortgage company may charge broker fees, Tax on CMHC Fees, charges to deliver mortgage documents, etc. Prices quoted are for standard transaction with up to one mortgage to be arranged or up to one discharged.
Transactions requiring additional registrations or multiple mortgage discharges may result in additional fees or disbursements. Prices are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to decline retainers. **To be eligible for the land transfer tax rebate for first time homebuyers you must meet the requirements set out in the legislation.
Don’t forget to contact the Utility Companies, to view the contact list click here.